We have a draft weekly schedule! (As a reminder, the bell schedule includes times for periods and lunches.) Thank you to the teacher leaders who contributed your preferences on behalf of your team. I made every effort to provide as much consistency as possible, to support cohesive instruction and (hopefully) reduce stress. Any questions or feedback – please let Ms. Odessey know! Please be sure to read notes below regarding the schedule:
The schedule on Wednesday has been designed to accommodate lab sites on ALL grades, so we won’t have a different weekly schedule for K-2 vs. 3-5.
- Periods marked with “+” accommodate lab sites and will ONLY be used on weeks with scheduled lab sites or other additional PL workshops. If your class does not have a lab site scheduled for that day, then the “+” prep will not be used. Specialty and Nest cluster teachers can check the calendar and TGIF to see if there is a lab site scheduled for the week; i.e. which, if any, “+” classes you will be teaching.
- On weeks when consultants working with lab sites cannot come on Wed, Wed’s schedule will be swapped with the schedule for the day of the week when the consultant is here. When the day of Cluster/SDI schedule is changed, all teachers and service providers should swap their schedules as well. E.g. if Math-in-the-City lab site is on a Tues, then we will follow a Wed Cluster/SDI schedule on Tues, and all teachers/service providers should also follow their Wed schedule on that Tues.
- Kgt and 3rd gr: “+” periods overlap for Kgt and 3rd gr. Generally Kgt and 3rd will not have lab sites the same week, so this should not be an issue. For 3rd gr: when you have lab sites, you will work with the consultant 4th and 5th pd. You students will still go to lunch 5th pd, and you will take your lunch during the “+” period scheduled later in the day.
Circular 6/Administrative Preps (AP):
- These periods should be used for your selected Circular 6 activity.
- During periods marked “CT”, a Speciality or Nest Cluster teacher will co-teach with one or both classroom teachers. Please note that this is not a prep, and that the cluster and classroom teachers should plan collaboratively, as well as all be actively engaged in instruction during the period.
- In addition to other cases, CT periods are planned when there is one class on a grade that does not otherwise see a specialty cluster teacher that the rest of the grade sees. E.g., 502 and 503 have Health & Wellness, so 501 has a CT period with Ms. Cohen.
New Teacher Induction (NTI):
- Periods marked “NTI” will ONLY be used on weeks when there are schedule NTI meetings. If you will not be participating in an NTI meeting that day, then the NTI prep will not be used. Specialty and Nest cluster teachers can check the calendar and TGIF to see if there is an NTI meeting scheduled for the week; i.e. which, if any, NTI classes you will be teaching.
- 304’s NTI prep is Readers Theater on Fri 2nd pd. On weeks when there are Rockin’ Assemblies AND on weeks where there are no NTI meetings, Dr. Camacho will instead have a PBIS period on Fri 2nd pd.